Why you will need some Plugins. So what are plugins? To be more specific What are WordPress Plugins and why you need them.
“WordPress plugins are apps that allow you to add new features and functionality to your WordPress website. Exactly the same way as apps do for your smartphone.” Read more about plugins in here. This came from wpbeginner, which is a valuable resource for WordPress Beginners
Must Have WordPress Plugins
There are some plugins you must have, and most are free
- Akismet Anti-Spam – Automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam. You will get an API key from them to add to your site.
- Sucuri – Security is going to be a big concern for online business owners in 2017. Sucuri’s web application firewall is probably one of the best protection you can get for your site.
- BackupBuddy – you need a reliable backup system.
- Yoast SEO – It allows you to optimize your WordPress site for search engines.
- W3 Total Cache – you want your site to be fast, and this is important for SEO, which we will discuss later. W3 Total Cache allows you to serve compressed and cached files to your visitors. This reduces the load on your server and your website becomes faster.
- Buffer – You must keep you followers engaged on social media. Buffer allows you to easily schedule your posts for the entire day.
There are many plugins that you select for your site, but the old saying less is more is certainly the case when selecting plugins for your professional travel blog.
DISCLOSURE Some of the links in articles may be affiliate links where we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only link to products and services we recommend.